|Measures approx. 45" x 60"|
I finished quilting this baby on Friday night, stitched the binding last night and then spent a very happy 3 hrs hand stitching it on whilst watching The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I didn't manage to finish in that time, so spent another couple of hours playing catch up watching Holby City whilst the kids were upstairs having "quiet time" (they decided about 2 weeks ago that they no longer need a lunchtime nap)
I am really pleased with the pieced back - I managed to use some of the fabrics I didn't get onto the front too, which is good
A close up of the binding strip to show where I've added a small piece of the orange flower fabric. I had intended to add this to the bottom right of the quilt with the flowers the right way up, but it was only when I'd machined the binding on (before hand stitching it to the back) that I realised that the quilt was upside down so it is now actually on the top right hand side of the quilt (and upside down). I toyed with the idea of unpicking and restitching, but in actual fact, I rather quite like it there now. I do like to add a bit of contrasting fabric to the binding for interest
This quilt is going to be a raffle prize for our forthcoming retreat in March. We will be raffling this to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support. Let's hope it raises plenty!