Thursday 20 January 2011

Elizabeth Susan


My sister gave birth to Elizabeth Susan this afternoon at 2:45pm, weighing 7lb 12 1/2oz. Mum & baby doing well. I am thrilled - she has two boys and now a girl to add to the equation - how perfect!

We are trekking over to Wales tomorrow to see her - the twins will stay and play with their cousins whilst I get to go and have fabulous newborn baby squidges and I cannot wait!

Not wanting to go empty handed, and having given my sister a quilt for Elizabeth for Christmas, I decided to knock up a quick taggie blanket for her. It's not something I have made before but was fairly simple. Luckily I have an abundance of ribbons! I chose velvets, grossgrain, picot edge, satin, ruffled, stitched - all different textures to give those 10 perfect little fingers a little something to be entertained by. I chose more fabrics from the Patricia Bravo Dreaming in French FQ bundle I bought at Seamstar - Courtney is fabulous and had teamed it up with some solids for me, which were perfect for this project. The backing is a fabric I bagged in the Christmas sale at Fabricworm - I bought half a yard of pink and the same in blue, just incase! I used Warm & White batting inside (an offcut from a quilt I made last year). Super simple quilting on either side of the "ditch" rather than in it (I think it looks so much nicer like that - show off the quilting, don't hide it!) and topstitched around the edge of the seam


Have just realised the quilting looks puckered at the bottom in this pic - it's not, honest!


Hope she likes it!

No comments: