Wednesday 6 April 2011

I'm Back!

Phew! Seriously where is this year going???

3 - 5 March we held our 2nd Scrapbooking retreat here in Warrington and it was a huge success. A few annoying niggles with the hotel but our side of the event went smoothly & the classes went down a storm. I have an amazing team of girls supporting me and am truly blessed for that. We auctioned my Unfurnished Quilt as mentioned and I am thrilled to confirm it raised £216. Added to that other donations from bits and pieces we did over the weekend, a cheque for £500 was sent to our local Macmillan Cancer Support offices.

In other news, I did a bit of scrapping the other weekend. I am somewhat ashamed to admit this is the first page I have created this year *blushes* - scrapping has taken a bit of a back seat to sewing of late - it's something I need to do in my craft room where sewing can be done here in the lounge with Ross. Here is what I created:


I have also been sewing. My Red & Turquoise blocks are now finished & awaiting the grey Kona sashing I have purchased - hopefully that will be here in the next couple of days. And then last night I finally sat myself down to make a friendship bag for my BFF Lianne (pattern from PS I Quilt - love that blog!)



Hopefully I will not take as long to post again. And hopefully I am not just sitting here talking to myself!

TTFN xx

2 comments:

Lynz said...

I've made a few of those friendship bags myself, they're so cute! I have to say, though, I LOVE your LO. I was moving scrapping stuff the other day to try and make some room for sewing stuff (I've not scrapped for over a year now!) and found a pile of photos, papers, chipboard and assorted embellies all ready to play with. I would have knocked out a page but have no Herma! Disaster! Yours really puts me in the mood for some stickin' and gluein'.

Rachael Elliott said...

lol no your not talking to yourself! Love the bag, hope Lianne liked it :)
xx