Thursday 10 February 2011

Crazy Nine Patch Quilt

It's all but finished! Quilting took longer than normal. Lesson learnt - get the right machine needle for the job. I needed an 80 - I only had a larger needle to hand so "made do". Every 10 seconds or so, the top thread broke. To say I was frustrated was an understatement. Then, in my rush to continue, every so often I left the foot up (anyone else do that??) resulting in a mess of threads at the back of my work. Anyway, half way through, I rooted out the correct machine needle & the second half was a breeze

I've not quite finished sewing on the binding, as the pictures will attest, but I have to say, I am rather pleased with this one! The binding is a blue sheet I picked up from IKEA. I won't do that again. It's 100% cotton but feels awful. Really shiney. Not nice. Fine for binding, though (not for backs of quilts or sashing as had been my intention, however)

So here is my almost finished quilt for Georgie's birthday on Valentine's day. What's next???


1 comment:

Kate said...

Very cool! Love the back too :)

The binding's a pretty colour. Too bad it's no good for a back.