Monday 11 April 2011

Red, Turquoise & Mid Grey

These colours go so well together, don't you think?

My Kona Solid arrived from Simply Solids end of last week so I decided to start cutting & sashing the 16 wonky log cabin blocks I have made

I had originally considered Charcoal Kona for sashing these blocks, but when I whippped out my trusty Kona colour card, I realised that it was a little too dark for the look I was after. So, I went for  Mid Grey and am really pleased with the results. A blue-grey which goes perfectly well with these blocks

7 done and another 9 to go. So far, the quilt will be around 62" when finished - I may add a little extra sashing around the edges to make it slightly bigger. I am contemplating using this as a picnic quilt (particularly for the twins, who just love picnic-ing right now!) - is that big enough? I can't decide...................

No comments: