Friday 19 August 2011

Joel Dewberry HST is finished!

I finally finished! I quilted 1/2" around each of the squares (the outside and inside of each) and then spent an evening or two tying off and burying the loose threads. I think it was worth it, though. I used the Joel Dewberry Modern Meadow navy herringbone fabric for the binding again and am pleased I did - it seems to be the perfect frame for this quilt.

Look at that dark sky!!! It's supposed to be our summer

Close up of the quilting stitches


The back

Shows off the quilting pattern a little better
We're off to North West Wales tomorrow for a week with the family - my sister & her three are going, as are mum & dad and we have a lovely house on the coast booked. Can't wait! Let's just hope our British Summer improves somewhat.............

I have packed my "Boy's Story" stitcheries to keep me occupied during the evening. I am hoping to get quite a bit more done - this quilt has gone stale and needs to get back on track!

3 comments:

Cathy C said...

Gorgeous Sarah! I too want to get started on the boys quilt too for henry but just haven't got the go in me right now!! Lol

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Lovely - have a great holiday x

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

It looks fantastic Sarah. I love the way the quilted squares make the design on the back.