Sunday 23 October 2011

Oli's Birthday Present

Front
Reverse
It was my nephew's 8th birthday earlier this month. His request was a bright quilt and this is what I made! I used the same stack of fabrics (with a few added from my scrap bins for good measure) as this quilt. My nephew has high functioning Autismn and despite being 8, has become very attached to his doll "Baybo". So, I decided to make Baybo a quilt too

Front
Reverse
Oli loved it and I loved making it. Dolls quilts are the best for using up scraps of fabric and scraps of batting. I shall be making more for future presents, for sure!

Once again both quilts have been quilted using stippling. I just think it suits this kind of quilt best. The countdown is on for our retreat - less than 2 weeks now and I'm busy busy busy! Not entirely sure how much quilting/sewing will be going on but I will give it my best!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Love the colours in these quilts!