Sunday 19 May 2013

Shine Bright like a Diamond...........

I saw the most gorgeous cushion on Flickr a few weeks ago and pinned it on my Pinterest board for future inspiration.

My inspiration


That image has been niggling at me since then so on Friday whilst I had a spare half hour I started playing...........................

Preparing the shapes
 
 
Two down, six to go!
The cushion uses diamonds as a base - 8 to make a circular pattern. My diamonds are cut, as are some 1" fabric strips to add as borders..................with hindsight I am wondering if I should have used paper foundations for these for accuracy. Time will tell, I guess. Hopefully my 1/4" seams will be accurate enough *crosses fingers*
 
As you can see - I'm not hot on pressing seams after each strip is stitched. Life's just too short!
 
With packing and organising for our trip on the horizon today, I don't think I'll finish this before we leave but it'll be a nice UFO to come back to . The borders are going to be scrappy - I prefer that look.

2 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Looking fine - brave without foundation piecing!!

Shah Sazib said...

This fabric looks awesome. Anyway, I found another fabric store which is Broadway Fabrics.